Covid-19 measures to keep our residents safe
We would like to reassure all our current and prospective residents that we are fully committed to adapting to the changing COVID-19 climate and have made your safety and well-being our priority. We are closely monitoring the continued development of the coronavirus across the world as well as the UK, following advice from Public Health England (PHE), the National Health Service (NHS) and the WHO.
Latest updates and guidance by UK Government and the National Health Service (NHS)
It is critical that you follow these guidelines to keep both yourself and others safe.
Furzedown Student Village and Cedars Hall
Arrivals and Self-isolation
- Please be aware of U.K. travel restrictions, which may affect whether or not you’ll need to self isolate in your room first. If you are unsure, take a look at the UK Government’s list of ‘travel corridors’.
- We have allocated a number of en-suite rooms in a separate wing where you can self-isolate for the period required by the UK government before your tenancy starts.
- Please send us an update with your arrival time and let us know if you have to self-isolate at least a week prior to your required self-isolation period.
- Receptions all have protective screens and common areas are managed and marked with signage to allow social distancing.
- The gym in Furzedown and social spaces remain open with social distancing in mind – keeping numbers to a minimum to allow residents to use these spaces, whilst maintaining a healthy 6 foot – 2m distance.
- The shuttle bus will run with half capacity and may increase the trips if needed.
- Please use the residences’ online tenant portal to pay your balance, log maintenance issues, book a slot in the gym and make enquiries/complaints remotely.
- Furzedown Student Village and Cedars Hall have dedicated housekeeping teams who keep our buildings clean, hygienic and well-maintained.
- All communal areas and high-touch points are cleaned and disinfected regularly and thoroughly.
- Sanitiser stations have been installed in the common rooms and entry points.
- When you leave your ‘household’ (the corridor where your room is located) and in social spaces it is advised to wear a face covering.
- You must wear a face covering when travelling by public transport in England including the shuttle bus service from Furzedown.
Keeping you connected
- High speed broadband is available throughout the residence making it easy to connect with family & friends.
- Social activities remain at the heart of the hall’s community. These may take a different form with a higher utilisation of remote or digital social activities.