Covid-19 measures to keep our residents safe
We would like to reassure all our current and prospective residents that we are fully committed to adapting to the changing COVID-19 climate and have made your safety and well-being our priority. We are closely monitoring the continued development of Coronavirus across the world as well as the UK, following advice from Public Health England (PHE), the National Health Service (NHS) and the WHO.
Latest updates and guidance by UK Government and the National Health Service (NHS)
It is critical that you follow these guidelines to keep both yourself and others safe.
Furzedown Student Village and Cedar Hall
Arrivals and Self-isolation
- Please be aware of the UK government has lifted all domestic Covid-19 restrictions in England as of 18th March 2022. For further details on travel to the UK please check the government website: Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- We have allocated a number of en-suite rooms in both Furzedown Student Village and Cedar Hall where you can self-isolate should you wish to do so.
- Please send us an update with your arrival time when arriving in the UK.
- Furzedown Student Village and Cedars Hall have dedicated housekeeping teams who keep our buildings clean, hygienic and well-maintained.
- All communal areas and high-touch points are cleaned and disinfected regularly and thoroughly.
- Sanitiser stations have been installed in the common rooms and entry points.
- When you leave your ‘household’ (the corridor where your room is located) and in social spaces it is advised to wear a face covering.
- It is advised that you wear a face covering when travelling by public transport in England, including on the shuttle bus service from Furzedown.
Keeping you connected
- High speed broadband is available throughout the residence making it easy to connect with family & friends.
- Social activities remain at the heart of the hall’s community. These may take a different form with a higher utilisation of remote or digital social activities.
If you test positive
- As of 24th February 2022, you are no longer legally required to self-isolate in England after testing positive for Covid-19. Whilst this is no longer required, if you are able to self-isolate please consider doing so. You are free to let reception know you are doing this, and they will help you throughout the duration of your isolation.