Equality and Diversity Policy
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our properties and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation, economic background. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. We can ensure that no person or group of persons applying for accommodation will be treated less favourably than any other person or group of persons, with all applications being processed by first come first-served basis.
Find Digs are committed to working with all the communities in which we are located and to developing a workforce and student community that reflects the UK’s rich diversity.
Our aim as Find Digs is to promote equality and prevent discrimination through our roles as:
- an Accommodation provider;
- an employer; and
- a community and/or business partner.
We will follow best practice in all equality areas and work to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination;
- promote equality of opportunity;
- eliminate bullying and harassment;
- promote good relations between different groups;
- celebrate what we have in common and capitalise on our diversity; and
- recognise and take account of people’s differences.
This equality and diversity policy is fully supported by senior management and has been agreed with student representatives. Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is continually promoted in the student accommodation.